Thursday, August 25, 2016

Back To School After Forty-Eight Years



My husband passed away June 26, 2016. It has left a void in my life. Seeing as how it came on the heels of my son's death, May 29, 2012, I'm at a loss as to what to do. So I decided to go back to school and get my GED, and possibly a Bachelor's Degree. I need something to keep me busy. All three of my children are grown and have their families. The grandchildren are all grown, all eighteen of them. The great grandchildren are at various ages, so some of them still may need my guidance a little more than the others. It's twenty-four of them, ranging from ages twenty to one years old. It has been forty-eight years since I have been in school, I wonder what has changed since I was last there. Is my brain still working or do I have to find it back in 1968? Well, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    And I know you'll get your degree if you want one -- you've raised three children, and that's far more difficult than anything they can throw at you in school.

    ReplyDelete